The GEN-HS GP Referral Portal goes from strength to strength and continues to add value after 6 years of collaboration with NHS Cheshire.
GEN-HS, the GP Referral Portal, is a central point of contact for all GP referral guidance which provides robust governance while encouraging ongoing improvement.
Designed as a way to bring the benefits of lean inspired standardisation to a fast-moving landscape of general practice guidance, the Portal is more than just a document repository - it's a gateway to the other powerful applications of GEN-OPS1. Departmentalised clinical sign-off, change management, continuous improvement, and a springboard into the mapping of Pathways - from where we hope to show you the power of systemic waste reduction.
Vivien Russell, Project Manager for Thriving and Prevention NHS Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) lays it out:
- A single document repository across Cheshire for health professionals to access up to date and relevant referral guidance and signposting information
- A visually and appealing interface for health professionals that is intuitive and simple to use
- A robust review system to ensure / encourage that pathways and guidance are reviewed regularly
- Access to local information to allow professionals to share self-care and signposting advice relevant to their local community
- A system that could complement Local Authority Live Well websites by providing links to healthcare professionals and social prescribers
- Potential for maintenance of each area (lozenge) to be managed collaboratively across each Place or PCN
- A standard pathway / information approach to reduce clinical variation across Cheshire which will reduce inappropriate referrals to secondary care.
GENEO's software platforms
The full suite of GENEO Software consists of:
GEN-OPS1 - SaaS platform for building and governing brilliant standards. Looking after the full cycle of a standard from cradle to grave and tracking competency.
TEMPO - optimising maintenance and long cycle work
my-CI - a mobile app for leaders to drive Continuous Improvement