Training all maintenance staff in the practice of productive maintenance.
Effective training is aimed at developing operators in basic maintenance activities for early detection of problems and the development of the central maintenance in appropriate maintenance techniques to support Planned Maintenance.
A transfer from ‘know what’ to ‘know how’
- Reduced maintenance cost
- Improved availability of assets
- Engaged operators and artisans
Effective Training in Autonomous Maintenance
Operators trained by Maintenance to perform basic maintenance activities
- Cleaning equipment
- Inspecting Equipment
- Greasing equipment
- Basic replacement of spares and consumables
- Repeatable autonomous maintenance process
- Autonomous Maintenance is based on Standardised Work and SOPs. Maintenance support the creation of these documents with A&I.
- Operators trained in the basic characteristics of assets and its condition for performance by maintenance
Effective training in Central Maintenance
- OEM training in asset care
- Maintenance strategies as appropriate – condition based monitoring, reliability centred maintenance, et al
These Operational Excellence pages talk about fundamental lean principles and associated tools. Understanding how to apply these principles and tools to the individual circumstance of discrete organisations is where expertise and experience is paramount. The GENEO team has many decades of experience in doing exactly this.