What Is Effective Training?
Training all maintenance staff in the practice of productive maintenance.
Effective training is aimed at developing operators in basic maintenance activities for early detection of problems and the development of the central maintenance in appropriate maintenance techniques to support Planned Maintenance.
A transfer from ‘know what’ to ‘know how’
- Reduced maintenance cost
- Improved availability of assets
- Engaged operators and artisans
Effective Training in Autonomous Maintenance
Operators trained by Maintenance to perform basic maintenance activities
- Cleaning equipment
- Inspecting Equipment
- Greasing equipment
- Basic replacement of spares and consumables
- Repeatable autonomous maintenance process
- Autonomous Maintenance is based on Standardised Work and SOPs. Maintenance support the creation of these documents with A&I.
- Operators trained in the basic characteristics of assets and its condition for performance by maintenance
Effective training in Central Maintenance
- OEM training in asset care
- Maintenance strategies as appropriate – condition based monitoring, reliability centred maintenance, et al
Struggling to make your company become Lean?
Educate your leadership and begin to see the Lean Operating System and Principles appear across all of your standardised work and procedures.
Speak with our expert Lean Consultants today.
This page was written by Bob Newton in February 2018.
Due for review in 2019.