A UK based 3rd Party Maintenance and Repair Organisation
Reduce aircraft turnaround times by 40% to meet growing customer demand for the restricted hangar footprint.
- Performed rapid diagnostic of scheduling, engineering and production processes.
- Direct observations of current check turnarounds
- Performed QCO activities on all aspects of the check turnaround streams: trades, planning, material flow
- Reorganised planning process to meet a RFT target on maintenance adherence
- Introduced visual management and short interval control
- Redefined roles of check managers across shifts
- An average annual reduction of 47% across the fleet releasing capacity for further customer demand
- 32% increase in schedule adherence resulting in a 9% reduction in deferred defects
- On Time In Full delivery into service improved by 23%